Application Support Engineer (Hybrid)-286480
We are seeking an Application Support professional with a 1-3 years of work experience to join the team in NYC. The role encompasses 2nd line technical application support for our Trade Processing applications. This person will report directly to the Regional Manager responsible for application support and will work closely with the global team contributing to the quality of our support.
Application Support is a global team that provides specialized technical support across the suite of trade processing and workflow solutions that support all participants in OTC trading from post-trade notices of execution, trade confirmation, and allocations to clearing and reporting. The application support team works collaboratively, both internally and across our customer base, operating in a sharing and learning culture with a view to build continuous improvement in our processes.
Duties & Accountabilities
- The Application Support candidate should handle all support requests; incident, problem and change management, and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end-users. This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and internal/external stakeholders.
- Provide second line client-facing technical support for issues escalated by first line support teams. Apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge together with investigative techniques and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues efficiently and in a timely manner. Work collaboratively with development team required for third line escalation.
- Coordinate with product and delivery teams to ensure the App Support team is ready for new releases and engaged in early design of new enhancements
- Work on initiatives and continuous improvement process around proactive application health monitoring, reporting, and technical support.
Key Areas of The Teams Responsibilities Are
- Key technologies supported are AWS, OpenShift, Elastic Search, Splunk, and Linux.
- Proactive monitoring and management of business critical 24x7 real-time. Where required to rectify issues in a timely fashion to restore application functionality.
- Ensure incidents are correctly processed, assessing business and technical impact and severity.
- Taking ownership of application incidents and ensuring that they are resolved, this includes retaining ownership of incidents that require 3rd Line or IT Change activity to resolve.
- Ensuring the communication to the business community remains active.
- Application responsibilities will cover Application Infrastructure, Data Fixes, User Queries, User Education and Incident Investigation.
- Monitoring of application events alerts, job schedules, capacity monitors and performance KPI's. Creation and ownership of change requests raised to address any of the above issues.
- Working with the Functional and Technical teams, to understand future application deliverables both from Fictional and Non-Functional.
- Proactively share knowledge with the team and update the knowledge base with support documentation (Confluence).
- Work to provide services to agreed Service Level Targets and Operating Level Agreements.
Education and Hands-on Experience Required
- University Graduate of Computer Science or Engineering degree, Master’s Degree is a plus
- Good understanding of Application Support processes
- Must be knowledgeable in programming languages, SDLC, and experience in raising development bugs – including priority assessment, high-quality analysis, and detailed investigation. Understanding of agile methodology is an advantage
- Must have working knowledge in SQL and RDBMS - including stored procedures & complex joins. Ability to program in SQL is a plus
- Must understand operating systems most especially Linux. Good scripting experience (preferably including python) an advantage
- Must have fundamental knowledge of networking basics and topology. CCNA certification an advantage
- Ideally familiar with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana, Centreon, Solarwinds, and Monolith.
- Ideally would have experience of working in the Finance Industry and/or experience of IHS Markit products
- Ideally with working knowledge of Cloud computing and Microservices technology stack suck as AWS, Openshift, Docker, Elasticsearch, etc.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $48,100 to $110,000 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires.
Flexible Working (optional)
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace.
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): will be determined based on experience. Grade 4-6.
The Location: New York, NY
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world’s leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you’ll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
OSTTRA was formed in 2021 through the combination of four businesses that have been at the heart of post trade evolution and innovation for the last 20+ years: MarkitServ, Traiana, TriOptima and Reset. Together, our solutions span every step of the post trade workflow, helping financial institutions across the globe efficiently process trades and manage risk. OSTTRA is a joint venture, owned 50/50 by IHS Markit and CME Group.
Joining the OSTTRA team is a unique opportunity to work in a bold new business with an outstanding heritage in financial technology, playing a critical role in supporting global markets. Learn more at www.osttra.com.
- New York
Building critical Capital Markets infrastructure
Our teams develop deep functional expertise in capital markets infrastructure and workflows, particularly in derivatives across asset classes, including FX, Equities, Rates and Credit.
Together, we build, support, protect and manage high-performance, resilient platforms that process more than 100 million messages a day.
We are continuously evolving our architecture to be agile, inter-operable and scalable-on-demand, using the latest in platform-as-a-service and cloud-based technologies.
OSTTRA is a market leader in derivatives post-trade processing; bringing innovation, expertise, processes and networks together to solve the post-trade challenges of the global financial markets.
Launched in 2021, OSTTRA unites four businesses that have been at the heart of post-trade evolution and innovation for over 20 years: MarkitServ, Traiana, TriOptima and Reset. With an outstanding track record of developing and supporting critical market infrastructure, our combined network connects thousands of market participants to streamline end to end workflows - from trade capture at the point of execution, through portfolio optimisation, to clearing and settlement.
We are writing the next chapter.
We are a vibrant team of specialist thinkers, who have already helped to shape the industry. Today, as a pioneering group of companies and collaborators, we are focussed on building a sustainable future that is open for all.
OSTTRA is a joint venture owned 50/50 by CME Group and S&P Global.
©2022 OSTTRA Group – All Rights Reserved.
Already working at OSTTRA?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.